The Army of Nannies platform helps nannies connect with roles from families and nanny agencies. And when working with a nanny agency, we are super selective about which ones we invite on the platform.
We’re selective because we only want to present roles from trusted agencies that look after families and nannies. So they have to earn their stripes!
The three principal checks that nanny agencies have to meet.
Stripe 1: Ethical and professional Nanny Agency operations
- The agency has a well-presented website and an easy means for families and nannies to contact the agency during working hours
- Nannies can readily secure access to training opportunities, be they in-house or provided by third parties – they actively encourage CPD.
- eDBS checks are actively encouraged and supported (preferably on the update service)
- Roles are shared in gross salary terms, and salary payments are supported by a PAYE partner or internal service
- The nanny agency has business insurance in place
Stripe 2: Fair to both families and nannies
- Positions are shared with salaries that are commensurate with the demands of the role
- The nanny agency provides information that clearly outlines the roles’ responsibilities and requirements and the expectations of the family
- The agency presents contracts that protect both the family and the nanny without an undue focus on either party
- They have a procedure in place to manage disputes
- They have and enforce a policy that supports equal opportunities for nannies
And stripe 3: Reputational excellence
- Agencies have client reviews and testimonials that demonstrate their strengths
- Their social footprint is consistently positive and showcases the merits of their business
- The agency participates in groups – such as the Nanny Agency Huddle – that encourage everyday learning and best business practice
- NB: If we’re in doubt of an agency’s reputation, we ask a panel of nannies for their point of view
Nanny Agencies earn their stripes through good practice
Once an agency has met these standards, they can join the platform and share roles with our nannies.
And, if the agency chooses, they can display our approved badge on their site to show they have earned their Army of Nannies stripes.
We hope these checks make you confident in selecting roles from the excellent nanny agencies on our site.
A good match is a happy family and a happy nanny
Yes, families are paying for our services, but if we don’t look after nannies, we won’t make placements that work and last. And we will only work with agencies that fairly represent both parties, and we’re proud to share those agencies with you.
Many of the agencies on our site have been operating this way for a lot longer than we’ve been around. And we recognise them as excellent operators you should trust with the next step in your childcare career.
Here’s a selection of some of the nanny agencies you’ll find on the platform
All exceed the standards outlined above.
All of the team members at French Nanny Agency UK are former nannies. We understand how important it is to find the perfect position. We are here to guide you to make this happen!
We are WrightAdvice, a very friendly agency that likes to care for our nannies and work with them to find their perfect role. We welcome nannies with all levels of experience who are efficient and organised candidates and can offer excellent interpersonal skills.
Astrid & Flo is a small and personable agency that gets to know all our wonderful candidates as well as we can. Furthermore, we are here not just to place you but for any help you may need along the way.
Arthur’s House: Finding childcare can be daunting, confusing and expensive. Families who come to Arthur’s House are looking for a valuable matching service that they know they can trust and is worth every penny.
The Nanny Circle: We work hard to find you the right family for the right nanny. We set up interviews at your convenience and support you through the appointment process.
Do you have what it takes to be a Homebodies nanny?
The most important quality we look for in a candidate is to have a genuine love and passion for childcare.
Real Nannies is a small, friendly, nanny-run agency, so we know what it takes to be one.
Whatever your situation, we’re here to make your job search straightforward and enjoyable.